Copyright © 1995-1998 Bob Connors
All Rights Reserved
First, and foremost, your web site MUST have a category in Bob's Good Stuff Lists in order to be acceptable. If this is not the case, do not submit your web site as your submission will just be deleted with no further action. This means, if your submit a web site under a category that is clearly inappropriate and there is no other category that applies, the submission will just be deleted without notification to you.
There are no provisions for automatically adding new Categories to Bob's Good Stuff Lists. If you would like a new category to be added to Bob's Good Stuff Lists, send email to Links Manager (email@example.com) and it will be considered. You will be advised of the decision regarding the new category.
The following guidelines apply to all categories:
- All resources must be displayable in ALL common browsers (MSIE, Netscape, Lynx, Opera, etc.). Any site designed to work specifically or primarily for one browser over another will be rejected. In addition, the site should display properly when a site is created using style sheets but the browser is configured not to use style sheets.
- If the link you are adding is a Diabetes related event, please use the Add A Diabetes Event form instead of adding your link to the Events category.
- DO NOT use a web promotion or web site submission utility to submit your link. All submissions MUST be made manually using the "Add a Link" form on Bob's Good Stuff Lists.
- All sites MUST be suitable for viewing by people of all ages. That means, no pornographic sites and no sites that use language not suitable for viewing by small children. This includes sites that link to such sites. There are no exceptions to this rule and the decision as to what is acceptable is made by the staff of Bob's Good Stuff Lists and is final (no appeals).
- Bob's Good Stuff Lists is not a commercial or business directory! If your site is commercially oriented (it is profit based), your chances of having the site included in Bob's Good Stuff Lists are based on how closely the site matches the Category under which it is submitted. For example, medical company sites are not included unless they specifically relate to diabetes or diabetics. Non-commercial medical sites that could be of benefit to diabetics in general are acceptable. Similar requirements apply to all categories of Bob's Good Stuff Lists. The Other category is not a "catch-all" for commercial web sites.
- It is recommended that you be officially connected to the site being submitted in some way. You can be the owner or webmaster of the site or have some other official capacity regarding the site. This is not a hard and fast rule but, be aware, someone with such official capacity may request changes be made to the listing.
- The site must be in the English language or have an alternate English language version available. No one on the staff knows any foreign languages and we cannot validate a site if we cannot read and understand the site.
- Do not submit "test" entries. This just adds unnecessary work for both you and the staff of Bob's Good Stuff Lists. If you want to test the software used for this site, use the Gossamer Threads link at the bottom of this page where a demo of the software can be found and where you can submit all the test entries you want.
- Do not make multipe submission under one category for sub-pages of your site if the main page has already been submitted. For example, if your main web page is submitted under the Internet category, do not submit other pages that are linked on your main page under the Internet category. You may, however, use the appropriate Internet sub-categories that relate to your other pages for your submissions.
- Any site submission that does not follow these guidelines or the instructions in the submission form will be deleted without any action being taken or notification to the submitter.
- All fraudulent entries will be rejected and the IP number from which they are submitted will be blocked from further access to ANY/ALL accounts maintained by 45th Parallel Internet Services -- no exceptions!
Here are instructions for completing each field of the form:
- Title: Enter the title of the site being submitted. Keep it as short as possible while still imparting a meaningful title.
- URL: Enter the URL of the site. Any valid URL ("http://", "ftp://", "gopher://", etc.) except "mailto:" is acceptable. Ensure that the URL is entered correctly as the site can not be accepted if it cannot be accessed. If there is no registered domain name for this site as of yet, do not complete this form as there is, again, no way to access the site until it has a registered domain name.
- Category: Select the Bob's Good Stuff Lists Category where your submission should be placed. If you selected the Add function from a category page, the Category is already determined. If the category is not appropriate, then go to our Home page and use its Add link which will allow you to select a category from a drop-down list. If there is no Category listed that applies to your site, then DO NOT submit the site because it WILL NOT be accepted. Sites listed in an incorrect Category will also not be accepted, so be sure to use the correct category.
- Description: Enter the description for the site being submitted. Unlike other lists and search engines, length is not important; include all the information you want to describe your site (within reason). The description must be actual sentences, not keywords. Please do not capitalize every word in the description.
- Contact Name: Enter the name of the person to contact concerning matters relating to this site submission. Normally, this would be you. Enter your first and last names. This information is NOT displayed as part of the link.
- Contact Email: Enter the email address that belongs to the Contact Name above. This must be a valid email address. If mail to this address is returned as undeliverable because the addressee or domain is unknown, the site submission will be deleted without further action. This information is NOT displayed as part of the link. NOTE: This cannot be an autoresponder address!
If your browser does not process forms, you can email your submission as follows:
Mailto Address: Links Manager <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Addition to Database Site Title: (Name of the Site Being Submitted) Site URL: (URL Address of the site) Category: (the Category to list your site under -- Categories are displayed at the top of each Bob's Good Stuff Lists pages) Description: (Plain English description of the site -- NO keywords) Contact Name: (First and Last name of person to contact about this site if different than you) Contact Email: (Email address that applies to the Contact Name if different than your address) (Note: This must not be an autoresponder address)
This Site Hosted By
45th Parallel Internet Services